Reliable Basement is now part of ULB-DRY Waterproofing . You are being redirected to similar content on ULB-DRY Waterproofing’s website.
If you are not redirected within 5 seconds, please click here.
Crawl Space Service to Keep Your Home Safe
Basements and crawl spaces are often neglected when it comes to home maintenance, but they are equally important parts of a home that need to be taken care of. If you’re not sure how to take care of your basement or crawl space, or if you need repairs, it’s best to trust a reliable professional service. At Reliable Basement Services, we have been providing quality services to homeowners for years, and we can help you with all your crawl space needs.
What Is a Crawl Space, and Why Do You Need One?
A crawl space is an area beneath a home that is similar to a basement, but is vented to the outside air. Crawl spaces can be full-height like a basement, or they can be shorter and accessed by crawling. There are two primary reasons why homes have crawl spaces: cost-effectiveness and convenience.
- Cost-effectiveness: Moving dirt to level a sloping lot for a concrete pad can get expensive; a crawl space negates that need.
- Convenience: It’s a handy place to install the HVAC unit and piping, as well as water and sewer distribution throughout the house.
Crawl spaces make future repairs and replacements easier. Crawl spaces provide an accessible and cost-effective way to improve the overall function of a home.
Signs That You Need Crawl Space Service
If you have noticed air quality issues in your home, they may be caused by the humid air and moisture in the crawl space. If there is mold, mold spores are a health hazard for you and your family. Crawl space repair is important to improve the quality of your home’s air. Here are four signs that you may need a crawl space service:
- Moisture in the crawl space – This is the most obvious sign that you have a problem with your crawl space. If you see water or moisture, it means that there is likely excess humidity as well. This can lead to mold and mildew growth, which is a health hazard.
- High indoor humidity – If you notice that the air inside your home feels more humid than usual, it could be because of the moist air rising from the crawl space. This can lead to stuffy air and condensation on surfaces like windows and walls.
- Condensation – If you see water droplets on surfaces like windows or walls, this is called condensation. It can be caused by high indoor humidity levels, which are often a result of moist air from the crawl space.
- Foundation cracks – Cracks in your foundation can provide a path for water to enter your crawl space. When water enters the crawl space, it can lead to all of the problems mentioned above: moisture, high indoor humidity, condensation, and mold growth.
Choose the Right Company for Your Needs
What is the best way to find a reliable and affordable crawl space service? The answer is simple: just contact Reliable Basement Services! We are the top company in Chicagoland for all of your crawl space needs. Our team of experts will be able to help you with anything from basement waterproofing and foundation repair, to egress window installation. Contact us today and let us show you why we are the best choice for your home!